Google Ad Grants for Non-Profit Organizations is an initiative by Google that allows eligible NGO’s & NPO’s to advertise their charities and organisations (for purposes such as brand awareness, recruiting volunteers or requesting donations, etc).
They are provided with a monthly budget of $10 000 to spend on Ads. Organisations then have access to almost all the benefits of a standards Google AdWords account (including AdWords Express and Analytics) – their only limitations being a maximum keyword bid of $2 per keyword and ads only shown on the Google Search Network.
There are a few pre-requisites that organisations need to adhere to in order to get the Google Grant:
- They need to be eligible in one or more categories.
- Apply for “Google for NonProfits” and get a ‘Validation Token’
- Then enrol in Google Ad Grants
- Create your AdWords Account
- Submit your account for review
- Begin Advertising