Customer intent is the thoughts that lead to a customer's decision to purchase a product or service. Customer intent is considered more valuable than demographics in the buying process due to the fact that knowing what a customer is doing is more valuable than knowing their identity.
CRO or Conversion Rate Optimisation is the process of optimizing a landing page to entice a user to perform a desired action. This may include:
- Increasing the speed of a website using core vitals.
- Testing the location, style, and effectiveness of a call-to-action.
- Using historical data to understand user intent.
- Using quantitative research and qualitative research to find weak spots and priorities them.
In short, a call to action refers to the part of a webpage, an ad, snippet or, a piece of content that entices a user to click or interact with it. In most cases, this is a button within a website that stands out or a piece of content to get a user to perform the desired action. Examples include:
- A button to a contact form.
- An "add to cart" button.
- A newsletter signup bar.
- An instant or quick form.
Google Optimize is an online split-testing tool made by Google, that allows you to experiment on the user journey and interaction within a page or piece of a page. Easily offer two or more variations of a page or page element and allow user data to determine which element performs the best.
Google Optimise Overview